Letter: Concerned about higher taxes? by Robert Wojnowski
The state school funding structure is failing rural Wisconsin.
When you pay state taxes for the general school fund here in Rhinelander, a large portion goes directly to funding the school voucher system in Milwaukee and Racine, not to our local schools.
The voucher schools in Milwaukee and Racine, although receiving public funds, are not required to reveal how these funds are spent or demonstrate any accountability.
The money from the referendum for the Rhinelander school district stays in Rhinelander.
The way these funds are spent is completely revealed to the public. I have contacted our so-called representatives and have failed to receive a response from any of them, other than from Rob Swearingen, stating he hopes it passes.
If you care about where your tax money is spent, then vote “yes” for the referendum on Feb. 19 and take care of the children/people in Rhinelander.
Robert Wojnowski, Rhinelander
- Hats Off: School District of Rhinelander
- Letter: Communist threat still exists by Elizabeth Thomas
- Letter: Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation is flawed by Joyce Luedke
- Letter: Successful contract negotiations should serve as an example by Greg Pence
- Letter: Reader angered about school game by Bev Everson
- Letter: Governor Walker’s performance is poor by Richard Laddusire
- Letter: Mining committee in need of changes by Karl Fate
- Letter: Treat the flag with respect (3)
- Letter: Open Letter to Senator Tiffany by Yolan Mistele
- Letter: Taxpayers should attend open book meeting by Kristina Ostermann