Letter: Now is the time! by Steven Quade
I have lived in Rhinelander most of my life. My brother, sisters and I all graduated from Rhinelander High School, as did my wife. My two children are fourth generation Quades to achieve this and my brother’s three boys are about to begin doing the same. To say the least, I’m proud to live in Rhinelander and be a Hodag!
I am writing my first editorial because “Now is the time.” Everyone is entitled to an opinion and here is mine.
Our school district is in trouble. This is a fact! We can sit on the sidelines and throw stones at mistakes made in the past, or have a different vision of how to do things, but the fact remains that we need to step up to the plate. The generations before us were a can-do-get-it-done group that never gave up! Now is our time!
Lately, all I hear and see across America is whining and finger pointing for every issue, and it’s always someone else’s fault! Shame on all of us! We are in this together and our children, our future, our hope are all on the line. If you truly don’t have the money for the tax increase, I understand, then vote “no”. But if you do have the money, and still vote no, when you are at the grocery store and look into the eyes of the children you walk by, and still did nothing, when you know you should have, shame on you!
If this referendum doesn’t pass, mark my word, Rhinelander will go into an economic death spiral. No business or professionals will come here or stay here long term!
Now is the time! Vote “yes” on Feb. 19!
Steven C. Quade, Rhinelander
- Hats Off: School District of Rhinelander
- Letter: Communist threat still exists by Elizabeth Thomas
- Letter: Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation is flawed by Joyce Luedke
- Letter: Successful contract negotiations should serve as an example by Greg Pence
- Letter: Reader angered about school game by Bev Everson
- Letter: Governor Walker’s performance is poor by Richard Laddusire
- Letter: Mining committee in need of changes by Karl Fate
- Letter: Treat the flag with respect (3)
- Letter: Open Letter to Senator Tiffany by Yolan Mistele
- Letter: Taxpayers should attend open book meeting by Kristina Ostermann