Letter: Let’s fight! by Tracy Hoffhein
I have spent a lot of time recently contemplating what is important to me and my family, and what kind of education and community I want my family to be a part of. The answer…the one I grew up in!
I don’t want to relocate! I am a Rhinelander High School graduate who left for college and chose to return to the area. I want my children to know this community and what it has to offer. We are lucky to have the beauty of the Northwoods, great area professionals, awesome teachers and the history of older generations.
I am proud of the choices we offer at the Rhinelander school district. Everyone learns differently and right now the district is meeting the needs of all students. I have five children and they have choices in their education. In my family alone, my oldest daughter has had the opportunity to graduate early, my son was part of RESA (Rhinelander Environmental Stewardship Academy) and my other son attends Northwoods Community Secondary School for project-based learning. My soon-to-be kindergartener would be overwhelmed without the benefits of the SAGE program. Where else can you get so many great opportunities and choices in one community?
The cuts that will take place if the Feb. 19 referendum fails are irreparable. Get the facts! This is not due to mismanaged money. It is due to the current funding formula.
Let’s join together and fight for this community to be exactly what we want it to be! Our children need a strong education and activities, our businesses need educated workers and our elderly population needs people to come back to this community.
Come on, Hodags! Join me in fighting for our students’ education and our community.
Vote “yes” on Feb. 19!
Tracy Hoffhein, Rhinelander
- Hats Off: School District of Rhinelander
- Letter: Communist threat still exists by Elizabeth Thomas
- Letter: Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation is flawed by Joyce Luedke
- Letter: Successful contract negotiations should serve as an example by Greg Pence
- Letter: Reader angered about school game by Bev Everson
- Letter: Governor Walker’s performance is poor by Richard Laddusire
- Letter: Mining committee in need of changes by Karl Fate
- Letter: Treat the flag with respect (4)
- Letter: Open Letter to Senator Tiffany by Yolan Mistele
- Letter: Taxpayers should attend open book meeting by Kristina Ostermann