Letter: We will support our schools; will you? by Jenny Rudis
As a parent of two young children and graduate of Rhinelander High School, I would like to encourage others in the Rhinelander School District to vote “yes” in the upcoming referendum. My concern is the closing of the two charter schools and the proposed cuts to the elementary schools. I received a great education from RHS and Nicolet College which has afforded me a good job working in our community.
My husband and I have decided to stay in the Rhinelander school district and are looking forward to our own children attending our alma mater.
We have a strong interest in our daughters attending NCES. Not only is it close to our home, but they offer a project-based learning style, small classroom sizes and wonderful teachers. If the referendum does not pass, we will be looking for an alternative school for our daughters to attend. The costs associated with this referendum are minimal, and we are willing to do our part to continue the support of our local schools.
On Feb. 19, please cast your vote of “yes” to ensure that not only my children, but other children in our district, receive the much-deserved education that we have received.
Jenny Rudis, Rhinelander
- Hats Off: School District of Rhinelander
- Letter: Communist threat still exists by Elizabeth Thomas
- Letter: Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation is flawed by Joyce Luedke
- Letter: Successful contract negotiations should serve as an example by Greg Pence
- Letter: Reader angered about school game by Bev Everson
- Letter: Governor Walker’s performance is poor by Richard Laddusire
- Letter: Mining committee in need of changes by Karl Fate
- Letter: Treat the flag with respect (3)
- Letter: Open Letter to Senator Tiffany by Yolan Mistele
- Letter: Taxpayers should attend open book meeting by Kristina Ostermann