Hats Off: Friends of the Rhinelander Animal Shelter
As we welcome in a new year, Friends of the Rhinelander Animal Shelter (FRAS) would like to thank all our friends who made our journey in 2012 possible, including those who donated pet food, supplies and funds to our pet pantry located in the RAFP; those who saved Purina weight circles and aluminum cans (drop off is Outdoor Recycling); and the media and others who offered their services.
Our mission began on Feb. 4, 1982, when we united to raise funds for the present animal shelter, and it has continued over the years. Much has been accomplished, but much remains. Working together, we continue to help needy animals in our community.
Donations for pet food can be left at the food pantry during morning hours. Pet supplies including toys, brushes, collars, leashes, dishes, etc., that are in good condition can also be left at the food pantry or dropped off at the Pet Food Store or Northwoods Animal Hospital. Call (715) 362-7382 for pick-up or for more information. Purina weight circles or monetary donations can be mailed to FRAS, c/o Marilyn Tober, treasurer, 5316 Manor Road., Rhinelander, WI 54501.
Wishing you and those you love a happy new year filled with many blessings!
Marilyn Tober, treasurer, FRAS
- Hats Off: School District of Rhinelander
- Letter: Communist threat still exists by Elizabeth Thomas
- Letter: Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation is flawed by Joyce Luedke
- Letter: Successful contract negotiations should serve as an example by Greg Pence
- Letter: Reader angered about school game by Bev Everson
- Letter: Governor Walker’s performance is poor by Richard Laddusire
- Letter: Mining committee in need of changes by Karl Fate
- Letter: Treat the flag with respect (3)
- Letter: Open Letter to Senator Tiffany by Yolan Mistele
- Letter: Taxpayers should attend open book meeting by Kristina Ostermann