Letter: Non-Catholic defends Catholic Church by Caroline Johnson
Was shocked and am ashamed that a local paper would publish such hateful venom as was contained in the latest letter from Mr. Johnson of Exeland.
He may have an opinion regarding abortion but as he continued, it was very clear he was just using it as an excuse for attacking the Catholic Church.
We saw it for what it was and are not even Catholic.
My husband says he’s surprised “Viewpoint” isn’t [Johnson’s] personal column since he seems to have an opinion on something almost weekly.
This last letter–shame on him and shame on you for not seeing it for what it really was: hate mail.
Thanks to the Catholic Church, we have Headwaters Inc., Timberline Apts., the Retired Senior Volunteer program, Sumac Trail Apartments funded by Catholic Charities and a local hospital for over 100 years.
Caroline Johnson, Rhinelander
- Hats Off: School District of Rhinelander
- Letter: Communist threat still exists by Elizabeth Thomas
- Letter: Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation is flawed by Joyce Luedke
- Letter: Successful contract negotiations should serve as an example by Greg Pence
- Letter: Reader angered about school game by Bev Everson
- Letter: Governor Walker’s performance is poor by Richard Laddusire
- Letter: Mining committee in need of changes by Karl Fate
- Letter: Treat the flag with respect (3)
- Letter: Open Letter to Senator Tiffany by Yolan Mistele
- Letter: Taxpayers should attend open book meeting by Kristina Ostermann