The Rhinelander Swim Club (RSC) started off their 2012-2013 season with a second place finish at the Lakeland Sprints Meet, which was held Nov. 3. Fifty-two swimmers traveled to Lakeland High School to participate in the meet. For 15 swimmers, this was their first meet. In a sprint meet, the races are only 25 to 100 yards in length, with the exception being the 250-yard freestyle relay.
Three swimmers took firsts in their events. Jack Antonuk (8) had first place finishes in his 25- yard freestyle (18 seconds), 25-yard backstroke (27.93 seconds) and 25-yard breaststroke (25.85 seconds). Russell Benoy (11) took first place in the 25-yard breaststroke (19.25 seconds) and 100-yard individual medley (1:28.11). Sayge Stojadinovic (10) came home with firsts in her 25-yard freestyle (15.02 seconds) and her 25-yard backstroke (19.39 seconds).
RSC swimmers also competed in relays, bringing home three first place finishes in the Boys Senior 250 Freestyle (Jack Antonuk, Tucker Lindman, Joseph Heck, Kody Price, Russell Benoy); Girls Senior 250 Freestyle (Mabel Spencer, Grace Schindler, Sayge Stojadinovic, Grace Heck, Emily McFarland); and in the Girls 9-10 100 Freestyle (Jaida Salaam, Audrey Schiek, Trecci Spencer, Mabel Spencer).
RSC will start its regular conference season Dec. 1 in Phillips.
- Boys tennis results for May 13
- Journeys Marathon results
- Ministry Health Care’s Minocqua Island Swim Challenge Returns
- GNC Conference boys tennis tournament results
- YMCA Midnight Moonshine Run on July 6
- Hodag varsity baseball hosts Lakeland in double header
- RHS Hodag softball team dominates in double header against Antigo
- RHS girls varsity soccer defeats Northland Pines
- RASTA Rally Mountain Bike Race May 12
- Phillips Chain O’ Lakes Triathlon in July