The Rhinelander Swim Club (RSC) started off their 2012-2013 season with a second place finish at the Lakeland Sprints Meet, which was held Nov. 3. Fifty-two swimmers traveled to Lakeland High School to participate in the meet. For 15 swimmers, this was their first meet. In a sprint meet, the races are only 25 to 100 yards in length, with the exception being the 250-yard freestyle relay.
Three swimmers took firsts in their events. Jack Antonuk (8) had first place finishes in his 25- yard freestyle (18 seconds), 25-yard backstroke (27.93 seconds) and 25-yard breaststroke (25.85 seconds). Russell Benoy (11) took first place in the 25-yard breaststroke (19.25 seconds) and 100-yard individual medley (1:28.11). Sayge Stojadinovic (10) came home with firsts in her 25-yard freestyle (15.02 seconds) and her 25-yard backstroke (19.39 seconds).
RSC swimmers also competed in relays, bringing home three first place finishes in the Boys Senior 250 Freestyle (Jack Antonuk, Tucker Lindman, Joseph Heck, Kody Price, Russell Benoy); Girls Senior 250 Freestyle (Mabel Spencer, Grace Schindler, Sayge Stojadinovic, Grace Heck, Emily McFarland); and in the Girls 9-10 100 Freestyle (Jaida Salaam, Audrey Schiek, Trecci Spencer, Mabel Spencer).
RSC will start its regular conference season Dec. 1 in Phillips.
- Rhinelander swim club gets off to a great start
- Rhinelander High School coaches offer youth sports coaching clinic
- Rhinelander Little League All Stars start tournament with 1-2 record
- Three Lakes Shootout/Radar Run and Fly-in June 21-22
- First round of girls soccer regionals interrupted by poor weather
- Kids Free Fishing Day events June 1
- Devil’s Elbow 5K on June 15
- Hodag track teams compete at Antigo meet
- Special Olympics regional results
- Senior Center Wii bowling tournament results