The Rhinelander Swim Club competed in the last regular conference meet of the season this past Saturday in Tomahawk. Sixty-six swimmers and their families braved the cold to compete against Tomahawk, Antigo, Lakeland and Ladysmith.
Even at the end of the season, swimmers are still taking time off. Annika Benoy (14) took 8.54 seconds from her 500-yard freestyle for a time of 6:28.42; Zoey Claflin (11) dropped 7.15 from her 100-yard freestyle for a time of 1:40.82; Abi Harder (17) dropped 11.93 seconds from her 200-yard freestyle for a new time of 2:46.63; Martin Hogar (11) took off 7.82 seconds from his 50-yard butterfly for a new personal best of 55.17 seconds; Tazia Oxendine (8) took off 10.84 seconds from her 50-yard freestyle for a new time of 1:05.78; Trecci Spencer (10) took off 11.16 seconds from her 100-yard individual medley for a time of 1:53.69; and Kierra Steffes (10) took off 8.65 seconds from her 50-yard backstroke for a new time of 45.29 seconds.
On Jan. 26 and 27, RSC swimmers will travel to Merrill for the conference divisional meet. On Saturday, swimmers 10 years of age or younger will swim and on Sunday, swimmers 11 years or older will compete. The top nine swimmers in each individual event and the top six teams in the relay events will advance to the championship meet being held in Rhinelander on Feb. 2 and 3.
- Hodag Memorial Invitational Youth Baseball Tournament
- Free bike maintenance clinic May 14
- Rhinelander tennis team May 6 results
- Local roller derby team hosts first home competition
- Hodag girls soccer team conquer Medford in first home game of the season
- Journeys Marathon still looking for volunteers
- YMCA Clash of the Paddles Tournament results
- RSC swimmers compete in Minnesota
- Rhinelander youth bowlers finish season
- Area girls to skate at USA Hockey Tier 1 National Tournament