Rhinelander Swim Club (RSC) participated in the first conference meet of the 2012-2013 season in Phillips on Dec. 1. Fifty-seven swimmers and their families braved the foggy weather Saturday morning to post some fast times and great overall rankings.
Five RSC swimmers took 15 or more seconds off of their previous times. Kylie Gechas (7) dropped 16.44 seconds from her 8 and under 50 yard Freestyle for a new time of 1:15.99. Joseph Heck (10) took off 18.66 seconds from his 10 and under 100 yard Freestyle for a new time of 1:23.39 and a third place finish. Taylor Macak (12) subtracted 15.03 seconds from her 11-12 50 yard Butterfly for a new time of 41.90 seconds. Madison Michel (5) had a great day, dropping an amazing 27.48 seconds from her 8 and under 25 yard Freestyle for a new time of 45.23 seconds, and 17.11 seconds from her 8 and under 25 yard Backstroke for a new time of 55.71 seconds. Not to be outdone, Sam Rutkowski (9) dropped 28.54 seconds from his 9-10 50 yard Freestyle with a new time of 1:04.32.
A number of swimmers ended the day with first place overall in some of their individual events: Jack Antonuk (8) in three events, Charlie Heck (7) in one event, Joseph Heck (10) in a single event, Grace Heck (11) in one event, Thaddeus Heck (10) in one event, Tucker Lindman (8) in two events and Sayge Stojadinovic (10) in two events. RSC relay teams rounded out the day with seven first place and nine second place finishes.
Rhinelander Swim Club swimmers will travel to Lakeland High School this coming Saturday.
- 7th Annual Hodag Run for Your Life on June 29
- YMCA Eagle River announces winner of weight loss competition
- Boys tennis results for May 13
- Journeys Marathon results
- Ministry Health Care’s Minocqua Island Swim Challenge Returns
- GNC Conference boys tennis tournament results
- YMCA Midnight Moonshine Run on July 6
- Hodag varsity baseball hosts Lakeland in double header
- RHS Hodag softball team dominates in double header against Antigo
- RHS girls varsity soccer defeats Northland Pines