Play pickleball at the YMCA
Pickleball is the fastest-growing participation sport among Americans ages 55 and older. Pickleball is played on a badminton court with the net lowered to 34 inches at the center. It is played with a perforated plastic whiffle ball and wood or composite paddles. It is easy for beginners to learn, but can develop into a quick, fast-paced, competitive game for experienced players.
The YMCA in Rhinelander has open play time on Thursdays from 1 to 3 p.m. and Sundays from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Players will rotate around so they can play a variety of participants during the two-hour session. Paddles are available for use so that players can try the sport, but each player will need to purchase his or her own equipment if they are playing regularly. Pickleball is free to Y members; non-members are charged $5 per session. Call Marilyn Duschl at (715) 362-9622, ext. 118, with questions.
- YMCA Eagle River announces winner of weight loss competition
- Boys tennis results for May 13
- Journeys Marathon results
- Ministry Health Care’s Minocqua Island Swim Challenge Returns
- GNC Conference boys tennis tournament results
- YMCA Midnight Moonshine Run on July 6
- Hodag varsity baseball hosts Lakeland in double header
- RHS Hodag softball team dominates in double header against Antigo
- RHS girls varsity soccer defeats Northland Pines
- RASTA Rally Mountain Bike Race May 12