Snowmobile certification course
The Manitowish Waters Sno-Skeeters Snowmobile Club will sponsor a Wisconsin DNR snowmobile certification course Thursday and Friday, Dec. 27 and 28, at the Manitowish Waters Community Building, located at Hwy. 51 and Airport Road.
The course is mandatory for all riders ages 12 years and older who were born after Jan. 1, 1985. Students must be at least 11½ years old to register and must bring in their DNR customer identification numbers. A parent or guardian must sign the registration form. The course consists of going over the student handbook provided by the DNR and actually driving a snowmobile on a pre-determined course.
The DNR requires a $10 fee for the course; the Manitowish Waters Sno-Skeeters Snowmobile Club will pay this fee. Lunch will be served.
To register, visit the DNR website at dnr.wi.gov or call Merry Perkins at (715) 543-2048.
- The Wild Side: Talking turkey
- Outdoor Report: Fishing looks good
- Outdoor Notebook: Harsh weather impacts bird hunting season
- Northwoods Wildlife Center to host free back yard birding presentation
- Kids Fishing Day June 1
- Free fishing, trails, admission in Wisconsin state parks June 1-2
- Clean Boats, Clean Waters (CBCW) workshop offered
- Upcoming DNR boating safety courses
- Oneida County ATV/UTV trail system & Enterprise Campground opening May 22
- Hungry bears emerge as spring arrives