Hunters asked to donate deer hearts, livers
The Northwoods Wildlife Center is asking area sportsmen and women to donate hearts and livers from their deer hunting expeditions. These hearts and livers will help the center by giving much- needed nutritional value to the permanent bird of prey residents.
NWC will also continue to take any unwanted venison and fish throughout the winter. Donations may be dropped off at the center any time at 8683 S. Blumenstein Rd., Minocqua. For more information, call (715) 356-7400.
- Sheriff’s Department offers snowmobile safety course
- Number of deer harvested down in opening weekend
- Comments sought on management of conifer plantations, invasive species at 11 state parks
- Outdoor Report: Opening weekend cold chills early deer harvest
- Outdoor Adventure: Cold weather hunting requires more thought
- Better than two in the bush
- Preliminary deer hunt results show enthusiasm is high, though temperatures as well as harvest numbers came in low
- O’Melia Deer Camp is a hunting tradition
- Cold weather can help the hunt
- Hunters, help track populations by filling out Deer Hunter Wildlife Survey