Treehaven Tromp Snowshoe Race
The second running of the popular new “Treehaven Tromp” regional snowshoe race is scheduled for Feb. 9, 2013 near Tomahawk. Treehaven is an education and convention center of the University of Wisconsin Stevens Point. Racers have found the course on Treehaven’s 1,400 acres both beautiful and challenging.
The “Tromp,” a 5k and 10k snowshoe fun run and race, is part of the Braveheart Snowshoe Racing Series (cutemoose.net) and a 2013 United States Snowshoe Association (USSSA) (snowshoeracing.com) regional qualifying event leading to the USSSA National Championships held in Bend, Ore., on March 15-17.
Prior registration is recommended online for the Treehaven Tromp at tandhtiming.com. The cost of $35 includes race registration, a high- performance wicking T-shirt, awards and a chili luncheon. Children under age 12 will be admitted for half price with a registered adult. Participants may race in this event without competing as a USSSA qualifier.
To race as a USSSA qualifier, complete the USSSA membership form ahead of the event online at snowshoeracing.com/membership.htm; or complete the membership form at the event.
Optional Friday night lodging at Treehaven is available. For more information or to register for lodging, call (715) 453-4106; email email@example.com; or log on to uwsp.edu/treehaven and click on “Public Programs Calendar.”
- The Wild Side: Talking turkey
- Outdoor Report: Fishing looks good
- Outdoor Notebook: Harsh weather impacts bird hunting season
- Northwoods Wildlife Center to host free back yard birding presentation
- Kids Fishing Day June 1
- Free fishing, trails, admission in Wisconsin state parks June 1-2
- Clean Boats, Clean Waters (CBCW) workshop offered
- Upcoming DNR boating safety courses
- Oneida County ATV/UTV trail system & Enterprise Campground opening May 22
- Hungry bears emerge as spring arrives