Conference on Alzheimer’s disease
The Alzheimer’s Association will hold the 27th annual Wisconsin Network Conference on Alzheimer’s disease and Related Dementias May 5 through 7 at the Kalahari Resort Convention Center in Wisconsin Dells.
This event is recognized as the largest state conference in the United States devoted to Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. The conference will gather more than 850 health care professionals and family care partners involved in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Participants will learn about the latest in disease management and preventive therapies, research and care management of Alzheimer’s disease.
The conference formally begins Sunday evening, May 5. Two, optional, pre-conference intensive workshops are planned for 1 to 4:30 p.m. that day. During the conference, there will be several keynote speakers and more than 40 informational and skill-building workshops that focus on research and science, care and support and wellness and brain health. An exhibit fair with products and resources specific to the field of long-term care will be featured Monday, May 6.
Registration materials, scholarship information and conference details are available through the conference website at www.alzwi.org.
For more information, contact Kathy Davies, conference planner, at by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (715) 345-2969. Information is also available by contacting local Alzheimer’s Association offices.
- Website offers free training for tobacco retailers
- Focus on Energy program supports state economy while saving money
- NOAA emergency radios help save lives
- National Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week is May 5-11
- Dam Safety Awareness Week April 29-May 4
- National Infant Immunization Awareness Week is April 20-27
- Date changed for tornado drill due to weather
- Wisconsin Public Service requests new electric and natural gas rates for 2014
- Moratorium for heating season coming to an end
- April is Diggers Hotline Month