YMCA of the Northwoods Runs LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA Exercise Program
The YMCA of the Northwoods is offering the LIVESTRONG at the YMCA program to help adult cancer survivors who have become de-conditioned from recent cancer treatments rebuild strength and stamina.
The Y and LIVESTRONG® joined together to create LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA, a physical activity and well-being program designed to help adult cancer survivors achieve their holistic health goals. The research-based program offers people affected by cancer a safe, supportive environment to participate in physical and social activities focused on strengthening the whole person. Individual goals such as building muscle mass and strength, increasing flexibility and endurance and improving confidence and self-esteem will be the focus of this 12-week program.
The 12-week program is free and a new session will begin in March 2013. The YMCA of the Northwoods is working closely with Ministry Saint Mary’s Hospital James Beck Cancer Center, Ministry Rehabilitation and The American Cancer Society to bring this program to the community. Criteria for participation are: strong personal desire; personal commitment to attend regularly; physician’s release; complete screening forms and answer health questionnaire. This program is recommended for individuals who have finished their cancer treatment recently, unless it is ongoing, or are survivors looking to regain health and improve quality of life.
To learn more about the LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA, contact Marilyn Duschl, LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA coordinator at (715) 362-9622, ext. 118, or firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit ymcaofthenorthwoods.org.
- RHS class of 1978 to provide scholarship
- The endless rewards of being a community volunteer
- Oneida County Fair to hold brat fry
- First Congregational Youth Choir concert will benefit food pantry
- 2013 Sanitary Interceptor Sewer, Street & Utility improvements project planning meetings
- Free storm spotter class scheduled for Rhinelander
- Tuna Two-’fer to benefit Relay for Life and Rhinelander Area Food Pantry
- I Buy Local customer promotion April winner
- Downtown Rhinelander Fourth of July Parade theme selected
- Physician assistant joins Northland Orthopedic & Sports Medicine