Gina Heck, OD, recently achieved professional distinction as a Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry, FAAO, at its annual meeting in Phoenix, Ariz.
Fellows of the Academy must complete an extensive candidacy process that includes submitting written work demonstrating their skills as an optometrist and sitting for an oral examination at the annual meeting of the academy.
Approximately 10 percent of practicing optometrists in the United States are honored as Fellows of the American Academy of Optometry.
Dr. Heck earned her bachelor’s in visual science from Indiana University. She then received her doctorate of optometry from Indiana University School of Optometry in 1997, after completing an internship at the prestigious Bascom Palmer Eye Institute at the University of Miami. She finished her residency at the Kansas City Veteran Administration Medical Center in Kansas City, Mo., in 1998.
Dr. Heck sees patients at the Eye Clinic of Wisconsin in Rhinelander.
- RHS class of 1978 to provide scholarship
- The endless rewards of being a community volunteer
- Oneida County Fair to hold brat fry
- First Congregational Youth Choir concert will benefit food pantry
- 2013 Sanitary Interceptor Sewer, Street & Utility improvements project planning meetings
- Free storm spotter class scheduled for Rhinelander
- Tuna Two-’fer to benefit Relay for Life and Rhinelander Area Food Pantry
- I Buy Local customer promotion April winner
- Downtown Rhinelander Fourth of July Parade theme selected
- Physician assistant joins Northland Orthopedic & Sports Medicine