The Rhinelander High School dance team competed this past weekend at the "It's Showtime!" dance competition held at the University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point Quad Fieldhouse. The team placed third in High Kick and fourth in Hip Hop. The senior duo of Jessica Lucas and Morgan Berry took second place. Jessie Swearingen and Kirsten Lotz received WOW Awards. The team also earned a bid to Dance Xtreme Nationals held in Minneapolis at the end of February.
In support of Leanna Kossack, step-sister to one of the dancers, the team wore yellow ribbons on their kick shirts and hip-hop shoes while performing. Leanna was diagnosed in October with a severe form of Sarcoma. The medical treatment for Leanna is over $50,000 and the family’s insurance company will not cover the costs. If you are interested in donating, you can donate at any Associated Bank to the Leanna Kossack Sarcoma Foundation.
- RHS class of 1978 to provide scholarship
- The endless rewards of being a community volunteer
- Oneida County Fair to hold brat fry
- First Congregational Youth Choir concert will benefit food pantry
- 2013 Sanitary Interceptor Sewer, Street & Utility improvements project planning meetings
- Free storm spotter class scheduled for Rhinelander
- Tuna Two-’fer to benefit Relay for Life and Rhinelander Area Food Pantry
- I Buy Local customer promotion April winner
- Downtown Rhinelander Fourth of July Parade theme selected
- Physician assistant joins Northland Orthopedic & Sports Medicine