Northwoods Labor Solidarity presents documentary
Northwoods Labor Solidarity will hold a potluck and will present the documentary “Locked Out” Thursday, Jan. 17, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Guild Hall, 39 South Pelham St., Rhinelander.
Locked out by Rio Tinto, a British-Australian multinational mining company, miners and their families stood up for 107 days against this giant in the mining industry after the workers rejected Rio Tinto’s drastic cut in miners’ pay and benefits in January 2010.
To RSVP, contact Jackie at (715) 369-0309.
- RHS class of 1978 to provide scholarship
- The endless rewards of being a community volunteer
- Oneida County Fair to hold brat fry
- First Congregational Youth Choir concert will benefit food pantry
- 2013 Sanitary Interceptor Sewer, Street & Utility improvements project planning meetings
- Free storm spotter class scheduled for Rhinelander
- Tuna Two-’fer to benefit Relay for Life and Rhinelander Area Food Pantry
- I Buy Local customer promotion April winner
- Downtown Rhinelander Fourth of July Parade theme selected
- Physician assistant joins Northland Orthopedic & Sports Medicine