Results from Feb. 21 Oneida County primary
Unofficial results are in from the Tuesday, Feb. 21 primary election in Oneida County, an election that saw a poor voter turnout.
Rhinelander private attorney John O'Melia (1,307 votes) and current Oneida County District Attorney Mike Bloom (1,290) move on in a tight race for Oneida County Circuit Court Judge. Former Vilas County Judge, private attorney and Government Accountability Board member Tim Vocke (1,109 votes) was eliminated.
In the other county races, for District #9 (Pine Lake area) County Board Supervisor, former Oneida County Highway Dept. head Nick Scholtes (95 votes) will face Rhinelander appraiser Jack Sorensen (91 votes) for the seat. Mike Skubal, the former head of Historic Rhinelander Inc. and former local journalist, was eliminated (80 votes). In District #18 (Woodruff), Candy Sorensen (140 votes) will face Lance Krolczyk (93 votes). Tom Granlund (39 votes) was eliminated.
The April general election is set for Tuesday, April 3.
- Website offers free training for tobacco retailers
- Soup for Shelter raises funds for NATH
- The fight against cancer in Oneida County
- Blood donors give patients the chance to create a summer of stories
- County board to combine emergency management, sheriff’s departments
- Ministry Saint Mary’s Hospital Volunteers plant sale
- Oneida County snowmobile trail system closing on March 31
- Northwoods Research Summit receives $2,000 AT&T award to explore broadband solutions
- Oneida County Fair offers opportunities for vendors
- No mandatory evening meetings for county board