Northwoods Wilderlife Center photo contest deadline extended
The Northwoods Wildlife Center has extended the deadline for their annual photo contest. The facility will be accepting photos through Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2013.
Submit photos in four different categories: North American Wildlife, Nature, Pets and Youth (14 years old and under). A gala will be held Saturday, Feb. 23, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Campanile Center in Minocqua. There will be food and raffles, and those attending will judge photos. First place winners in each category will receive cash awards.
Photos must be 8 x 10 and in an 11 x 14 white, cream or beige mat. The Wildlife Center has some mats available on a first come, first serve basis. Along with the $10 entry fee, each photo must have the following information on the back: the artist’s name, address, phone, email, the category in which the photo is to be entered and the photo’s title. More details are available at northwoodswildlifecenter.org/photo-contest-information.html or by calling the center at (715) 356-7400.
Photos may be dropped off or mailed to Northwoods Wildlife Center, 8683 S. Blumenstein Rd., Minocqua, WI 54548.
- New outdoor art exhibit coming this summer to ArtStart
- Northwoods United Way highlights American Red Cross
- Three Lakes Shootout/Radar Run and Fly-in June 21-22
- Don Shire and Huntley Brown in concert
- First Concert on the RiverWalk June 19
- Preregister for Hodag Run by June 15
- Summer series on papermaking
- Mecikalski Stovewood Museum to open for the summer
- Meat raffle June 29
- High-flying fun coming to Vilas Theater in Eagle River June 28