Rhinelander Lions Club Fisheree and Winter Festival
Boom Lake will be the location of an ice fishing tournament that will be held Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 9 and 10, from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. both days.
Children under 12 years of age who are registered will be eligible for prizes daily. There will be paddle wheel raffles, and entry ticket prizes will be awarded. Rhinelander Lions Club food will be available during the event.
Those anglers who have entered the fisheree will be eligible for drawing prizes. A gas ice auger and a fishing shelter will be awarded Sunday afternoon. Other prizes will include $500, $200 and $100 awarded each day for the longest, second longest and third longest northerns, respectively. Additional cash prizes will be awarded for longest perch, crappie, walleye and bluegill.
This year, broomball, snowshoe races and snowshoe demos will be conducted during the fisheree.
The Lions invite everyone to enjoy the Fisheree activities, along with the great food and paddle wheel prizes.
Sponsors are Mel’s Trading Post, YMCA and Rhinelander Soccer Club.
For more information, visit the Rhinelander Chamber of Commerce website at explorerhinelander.com or call (715) 365-7464.
- Rhinelander man killed in ATV crash
- NAMI offers hope to those struggling with mental illness
- Pelican Lake Women’s Civic Club fund raiser
- Northwoods Walk to End Alzheimer’s® September 21
- NATH volunteers needed
- Ministry Health Care’s Minocqua Island Swim Challenge Returns
- May is National Water Safety Month
- Ogema Caregiver Conference June 14
- Ministry Health Care nurses complete SOAR-RN program
- YMCA Midnight Moonshine Run on July 6