Your Arts Program dances
Your Arts Program holds monthly social dances. Recorded music is used to ensure musicality. All of the music is geared to swing, the waltz, foxtrot and similar dances. Each month, a different playlist is featured and lists the dance style (for those new to dancing), the song title and musician/group.
Currently, dances are scheduled through June and more will be added to calendar. Upcoming dances are scheduled for Jan. 19; Feb. 23 (featuring the “Crooners,” otherwise known as the Rat Pack, including Sinatra, Martin, et al); March 16 (Mardi Gras - dress up for the occasion); April 20 (Spring Fling); May 18 (The Derby Dance); and June 22.
The dances are held at the Manitowish Waters Community Center on Hwy. 51 in Manitowish Waters from 7 to 10 p.m. Free snacks are offered and beverages are available for purchase. There is a $10 cover charge per person to cover the cost of the dance. Call (715) 367-6758 with any questions.
- NAMI offers hope to those struggling with mental illness
- Pelican Lake Women’s Civic Club fund raiser
- Northwoods Walk to End Alzheimer’s® September 21
- NATH volunteers needed
- Ministry Health Care’s Minocqua Island Swim Challenge Returns
- May is National Water Safety Month
- Ogema Caregiver Conference June 14
- Ministry Health Care nurses complete SOAR-RN program
- YMCA Midnight Moonshine Run on July 6
- Affordable Care Act informational program May 16