Girl Scout Cookie program returns with focus on five skills
The 2013 Girl Scout cookie program has returned to northern Wisconsin and will run through March 24, with door-to-door sales in January and February, and troops hosting cookie booths in March.
The cookie program provides Girl Scouts with training in five essential business skills: decision-making, goal setting, money management, business ethics and people skills. All proceeds from the cookie program stay local. The girls receive a percentage based on how much they have sold and the remainder goes to the local Girl Scout Council, which helps fund Girl Scout programming and services. Programming includes camp, fine arts and travel opportunities, programs in STEM, leadership training and more.
New this year to the Girl Scout cookie offering is a tropical cookie flavor, Mango Crèmes, featuring vanilla/coconut cookies filled with a tangy, mango-flavored crème. Buyers will also notice new cookie packaging, with its first redesign in 13 years. The new design highlights the skills girls learn during the program and the various badges they can earn related to business and financial literacy.
Girls in kindergarten through 12th grade may join Girl Scouts to take part in the cookie program, which makes them eligible for numerous events, trips and programs throughout the year. Girls do not need to join a troop to participate in Girl Scouts, as there are many paths to participation to accommodate the busy lives girls lead.
The cost of Girl Scout cookies remains at $3.50 per box and proceeds support local Girl Scout programs. For more information, call (800) 246-4171 or visit girlscoutcookies.org.
- NAMI offers hope to those struggling with mental illness
- Pelican Lake Women’s Civic Club fund raiser
- Northwoods Walk to End Alzheimer’s® September 21
- NATH volunteers needed
- Ministry Health Care’s Minocqua Island Swim Challenge Returns
- May is National Water Safety Month
- Ogema Caregiver Conference June 14
- Ministry Health Care nurses complete SOAR-RN program
- YMCA Midnight Moonshine Run on July 6
- Affordable Care Act informational program May 16