Nicolet College will host the Stoughton Norwegian Dancers on Saturday, Jan. 19 at 7:30 p.m. For over 60 years, the dancers of Stoughton High School have enthralled audiences around the nation with their authentic Scandinavian folk dances and breathtaking acrobatic moves.
“The Stoughton Norwegian Dancers are always a big hit,” said Nicolet College Theatre Director Jim Nuttall. “It’s their gorgeous costumes and intricate dances, but above all, their acrobatics that make them so popular. They’re famous for their amazing feats of movement.”
The group has been performing since 1953. Jeanne Reek, the high school’s physical education teacher, has traveled several times to Norway to research costumes and folk dances to lend authenticity to the performances. Under her dedicated direction, the troupe evolved its unique style of skillful acrobatic dancing.
Tickets for the Stoughton Norwegian Dancers are $13. To purchase tickets, call (715) 365-4646 or visit www.nicoletlive.com for online purchasing or more information.
- NAMI offers hope to those struggling with mental illness
- Pelican Lake Women’s Civic Club fund raiser
- Northwoods Walk to End Alzheimer’s® September 21
- NATH volunteers needed
- Ministry Health Care’s Minocqua Island Swim Challenge Returns
- May is National Water Safety Month
- Ogema Caregiver Conference June 14
- Ministry Health Care nurses complete SOAR-RN program
- YMCA Midnight Moonshine Run on July 6
- Affordable Care Act informational program May 16