Recently, the Tomahawk Star Foundation awarded various local organizations serving the Tomahawk area grants during the last quarter of 2012. The Northwoods Alliance for Temporary Housing, Inc. (NATH) received $560 of the award. This amount represents a two-week stay at Frederick Place for one resident.
Frederick Place is an emergency temporary 16- bed shelter for those experiencing homelessness in Oneida, Vilas, Lincoln, Forest and Langlade counties. NATH is in need of monetary donations to assist with operational expenses. Frederick Place volunteers are also needed to assist with transportation, daytime support and staff relief. For more information, call Tammy Modic or Becca Mahoney at (715) 369-9404.
- NAMI offers hope to those struggling with mental illness
- Pelican Lake Women’s Civic Club fund raiser
- Northwoods Walk to End Alzheimer’s® September 21
- NATH volunteers needed
- Ministry Health Care’s Minocqua Island Swim Challenge Returns
- May is National Water Safety Month
- Ogema Caregiver Conference June 14
- Ministry Health Care nurses complete SOAR-RN program
- YMCA Midnight Moonshine Run on July 6
- Affordable Care Act informational program May 16