United Way hoping for a big finish
Officials from the Northwoods United Way have announced that they have raised $158,000, or 72 percent of their $218,000 goal.
With only three weeks left in the 2012 campaign, officials are still hoping to reach the goal. Tracy Beckman, director of the Northwoods United Way, said, "We have seen an increase in giving from employee fund drives, which has been fantastic. But our normal mail campaign has been a bit sluggish. We are planning one last appeal and are hoping for the best. It is important that we make the goal so we can help the agencies at the level they need to best provide their services. We are asking for folks to open their hearts and wallets so we can give the community great news at the end of the month."
The Northwoods United Way will help fund 32 Human Service Agencies in Oneida, Vilas and Forest counties throughout 2013 with the funds they raise this fall. Donations may be sent to Northwoods United Way, P.O. Box 177, Rhinelander, WI 54501. For more information, call (715) 369-0440.
- NAMI offers hope to those struggling with mental illness
- Pelican Lake Women’s Civic Club fund raiser
- Northwoods Walk to End Alzheimer’s® September 21
- NATH volunteers needed
- Ministry Health Care’s Minocqua Island Swim Challenge Returns
- May is National Water Safety Month
- Ogema Caregiver Conference June 14
- Ministry Health Care nurses complete SOAR-RN program
- YMCA Midnight Moonshine Run on July 6
- Affordable Care Act informational program May 16