New chronic disease coalition in Oneida and Vilas counties
Northwoods LEAN (Linking Education, Activity and Nutrition) was formed to implement activities and influence policy change to create a healthier Northwoods community. The chronic disease coalition is a group of community members who have an interest in chronic disease prevention and management in Oneida and Vilas counties.
Chronic diseases such as heart disease, obesity, diabetes, arthritis and asthma reduce quality of life and life span for people of all ages. Chronic disease has a tremendous social and economic impact on the people in our area. Currently, seven of the 10 leading causes of death in Wisconsin and the United States are due to chronic diseases. The goal of Northwoods LEAN is to help people of all ages prevent and/or manage hardships caused by chronic disease by addressing a lack of physical activity and poor nutrition. Community input and experience are vital to identifying gaps and trends in area health and well-being.
Northwoods LEAN meets the second Wednesday of each month from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m., alternating between Oneida and Vilas counties. Those interested in joining Northwoods LEAN or who would like more information may contact Kyla Waksmonski, coalition coordinator, at Oneida County Health Department, (715) 369-6114 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit the Oneida County Health Department website at oneidacountypublichealth.org/
- Northwoods School of Dance performance
- Business Closeup: Sportsman Cafe Custom Catering
- Minocqua Riders brat feed
- Young Professionals to host fundraiser for Wild Instincts
- Robinson named director of Milestone Senior Living
- Reduce waste and save money this holiday season
- Manitowish Waters Chamber is collection site for warm clothing
- Brown County Publishing purchases Star Journal
- Big Top Chautauqua at Campanile Center
- Karen Teter, AuD, achieves Academy Scholar status