NATH's annual "Everybody Deserves Shelter" campaign
National Hunger and Homeless Awareness Week is Nov. 10-18. The entire month of November is targeted to raising awareness of hunger and homelessness, both nationally and in our local communities.
For the second year, the Northwoods Alliance for Temporary Housing Inc. (NATH) will be holding its annual "Everybody Deserves Shelter" campaign at participating businesses during the month of November. Some businesses will run the campaign for the entire month, others for just the nine-day period between Nov. 10 and 18.
Please watch for NATH's annual "Everybody Deserves Shelter" campaign posters at participating businesses. Customers are offered an opportunity to donate $1 or more to help those experiencing homelessness in the Northwoods area. All proceeds will be going to support Frederick Place, the Rhinelander homeless shelter that serves Oneida, Vilas, Lincoln, Forest and Langlade counties.
It costs NATH $40 a day per resident for a 24-hour stay at Frederick Place. Contact Tammy Modic, NATH's executive director, at Frederick Place, (715) 369-9777, for more information about the campaign.
- Northwoods School of Dance performance
- Business Closeup: Sportsman Cafe Custom Catering
- Minocqua Riders brat feed
- Young Professionals to host fundraiser for Wild Instincts
- Robinson named director of Milestone Senior Living
- Reduce waste and save money this holiday season
- Manitowish Waters Chamber is collection site for warm clothing
- Brown County Publishing purchases Star Journal
- Big Top Chautauqua at Campanile Center
- Karen Teter, AuD, achieves Academy Scholar status