Manitowish Waters Chamber is collection site for warm clothing
The Manitowish Waters Chamber of Commerce is inviting residents to drop off new or gently used coats, sweaters, hats, mittens and other warm clothing items as part of the Wisconsin Department of Tourism's "The Big Bundle Up" campaign. "The Big Bundle Up" is a statewide collection program running through Jan. 4, 2013.
Last year's first-ever mitten collection program was an enormous success. The state's tourism industry collected more than 3,100 mittens and winter items to help warm up thousands of needy families throughout the state. More than 75 chambers of commerce, CVBs, visitor centers, the eight Travel Wisconsin Welcome Centers and other business locations around the state have committed to serving as donation sites for this year's expanded collection.
A box is located in the community center at the Manitowish Waters Chamber of Commerce, located at 4 Airport Rd. in Manitowish Waters, for donors to drop off warm clothing items. Items may be dropped off Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. All items donated at this location will be given to Community Outreach at North Lakeland Elementary School. For more information about "The Big Bundle Up," contact Mary Beth Leopold at the Manitowish Waters Chamber of Commerce at (715) 543-8488.
- Northwoods School of Dance performance
- Business Closeup: Sportsman Cafe Custom Catering
- Minocqua Riders brat feed
- Young Professionals to host fundraiser for Wild Instincts
- Robinson named director of Milestone Senior Living
- Reduce waste and save money this holiday season
- Manitowish Waters Chamber is collection site for warm clothing
- Brown County Publishing purchases Star Journal
- Big Top Chautauqua at Campanile Center
- Karen Teter, AuD, achieves Academy Scholar status