Florist and homeless shelter join forces
To raise awareness around the issue of homelessness, Dawn Baus, independent florist and owner of The Scarlet Garden in Tomahawk, and the Northwoods Alliance for Temporary Housing, Inc. (NATH) are teaming up to provide bouquet options for the holidays or any occasion.
The arrangement is called Flowers for Frederick Place (flowers subject to change based on seasonal availability). Local delivery only or pickup from Frederick Place is available.
The cost of the bouquet is $50 plus tax, with 25 percent of all proceeds donated to Frederick Place, the emergency homeless shelter in Rhinelander. Frederick Place has provided safe housing for almost 200 men, women, and children since its opening on Jan. 31, 2011. Several of these residents have come from northern Lincoln County.
For information about the bouquets, call (715) 453-8097. For information about Frederick Place, please contact Tammy Modic at (715) 369-9777.
- Northwoods School of Dance performance
- Business Closeup: Sportsman Cafe Custom Catering
- Minocqua Riders brat feed
- Young Professionals to host fundraiser for Wild Instincts
- Robinson named director of Milestone Senior Living
- Reduce waste and save money this holiday season
- Manitowish Waters Chamber is collection site for warm clothing
- Brown County Publishing purchases Star Journal
- Big Top Chautauqua at Campanile Center
- Karen Teter, AuD, achieves Academy Scholar status