No Call List quarterly deadline Feb. 28
The next quarterly deadline for registrations is Feb. 28, and the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP) is reminding Wisconsin residents to add their numbers to the list or to renew their registrations if it has been more than two years since the number was added.
The free no call service, offered through DATCP, covers residential land and cell phone lines. Consumers must re-register every two years to stay active.
To add a residential landline, cell phone or VoIP number(s) to the list, visit nocall.wisconsin.gov or dial (866) 966-2255. The website and toll-free number are available all day, every day.
Wisconsin residents who add their numbers to the list by Feb. 28 will receive protection from unsolicited telemarketing phone calls and text messages starting on April 1. The upcoming quarterly deadline will not be added to the list until July 1 at the earliest.
The list is updated four times per calendar year (Jan. 1, April 1, July 1 and Oct. 1).
Political calls, calls from non-profit organizations and calls made in response to a written or verbal request or permission are not covered by the No Call law.
Additional information is available at nocall.wisconsin.gov.
For more information on the program or to file a consumer complaint, visit the Consumer Protection website at datcp.wisconsin.gov, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free (800) 422-7128.
- Upcoming DNR boating safety courses
- Oneida County ATV/UTV trail system & Enterprise Campground opening May 22
- Hodag varsity baseball hosts Lakeland in double header
- YMCA hosting Teen Character Banquet
- Hungry bears emerge as spring arrives
- YMCA Midnight Moonshine Run on July 6
- RHS Hodag softball team dominates in double header against Antigo
- Affordable Care Act informational program May 16
- It's National Police Week; vigil for fallen officers broadcast online tonight
- Animal of the Week: snapping turtle