Hodag Water Shows Spring Chill Thrill set for March 9
Hodag Water Shows Inc. will host its fifth annual Spring Chill Thrill Saturday, March 9, from noon until 2 p.m. at the Hodag Water Show Shed in Hodag Park, Rhinelander.
The Spring Chill Thrill is a fundraising event in which participants raise pledges from friends and family to sponsor their daring jump into Boom Lake through a hole cut in the ice. The chilly leap into Boom Lake is not only fun for participants and spectators, but is also a community-supporting event. This year, members of Hodag Water Shows Inc. have chosen to share pledge earnings with Go to Bat for Easton Senoraske and the Leanna Kossack Sarcoma Foundation.
“We appreciate how much the community supports our organization, and the Spring Chill Thrill is a great way for us to help other organizations in our community,” said event organizer Ashley McLaughlin. “The majority of our membership is high school-aged and a few of them have personal connections with these foundations. It is really special to have the opportunity to share with organizations that are important to our members and our community’s youth.”
A minimum pledge of $20 is required to jump and $40 is required in order to receive an event T-shirt. There will be prizes donated by local businesses for top pledge earners and those who come up with the best costume. Hot tubs from the Pool People in Rhinelander will be on site to warm up after the freezing jump, and hot concessions will be available for purchase.
To participate, visit hodagwatershowsinc.com to print the required forms and start collecting pledges. Hard copy forms are also available at the Rhinelander Area Chamber of Commerce.
For more information, contact Ashley at (715) 550-0177.
- Hodag track teams compete at Antigo meet
- Hodag Memorial Invitational Youth Baseball Tournament
- Governor Scott Walker announces Wisconsin walleye initiative
- 7th Annual Hodag Run for Your Life on June 29
- Wausau Paper finalizes Wisconsin mills sale plan
- Rhinelander man killed in ATV crash
- YMCA Eagle River announces winner of weight loss competition
- Upcoming DNR boating safety courses
- Oneida County ATV/UTV trail system & Enterprise Campground opening May 22
- Hodag varsity baseball hosts Lakeland in double header