Nicolet Players to hold auditions for Noises Off
The Nicolet Players have scheduled auditions March 4 and 5 for Noises Off, a comedy by Michael Frayne that is actually a play within a play.
“It’s all centered on a small theatre company filled with very big personalities,” said Jim Nuttall, Nicolet College theater director. “As the cast and crew attempt to put together a traditional sexy comedy called Nothing On, nothing goes right and the play quickly spirals downward into bedlam, albeit hilarious bedlam.”
Auditions will be held at 7 p.m. both night in the Nicolet College Theatre.
Auditions are open to everyone. “You do not need to be a student at Nicolet or have any previous experience in acting to be in the cast,” Nuttall noted. “But I do encourage anyone looking to audition to look through the script, or watch the film version to get an idea of the story.” Scripts are available for a three day checkout from the Nicolet Library in the Learning Resources Center.
The final cast will include five men and four women, ages 18 to 70. Performances are scheduled for Friday through Sunday, May 3 through 5, and Thursday through Sunday, May 9 through 12.
For more information about the play or how auditions are run, contact Nuttall at (715) 365-4476 or email email@example.com.
- Hodag track teams compete at Antigo meet
- Hodag Memorial Invitational Youth Baseball Tournament
- Governor Scott Walker announces Wisconsin walleye initiative
- 7th Annual Hodag Run for Your Life on June 29
- Wausau Paper finalizes Wisconsin mills sale plan
- Rhinelander man killed in ATV crash
- YMCA Eagle River announces winner of weight loss competition
- Upcoming DNR boating safety courses
- Oneida County ATV/UTV trail system & Enterprise Campground opening May 22
- Hodag varsity baseball hosts Lakeland in double header