Bodies identified in fatal house fire
On Feb. 12 at approximately 4:23 a.m., the Oneida County Sheriff's Office received a 911 call of a structure fire near the cemetery on Lakewood Road. The fire was located at 4623 Partridge Lane. The house was fully engulfed in flames when fire fighters arrived.
Kaye M. Juel, 53, who was the Oneida County Sheriff’s jail administrator, and her husband, Mark J. Juel, 55, died in the fire. Kaye Juel started her career in the sheriff’s office in 1983 and she was promoted to the position of jail administrator by Sheriff Charles Crofoot in 1994.
Sheriff Grady Hartman stated, “We are deeply saddened by the tragic and sudden loss of Kaye and her husband Mark. All of the employees in the sheriff’s office value and honor all of those who have served us in the public safety community, and our thoughts and prayers will remain with Kaye and Mark, and their families and many friends.”
The preliminary investigation has found no signs of criminal activity and foul play is not suspected at this time.
The fire remains under investigation by the State Fire Marshal, Town of Cassian Fire Department, the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office and the Oneida County Medical Examiner’s Office.
- Rhinelander man killed in ATV crash
- YMCA Eagle River announces winner of weight loss competition
- Upcoming DNR boating safety courses
- Oneida County ATV/UTV trail system & Enterprise Campground opening May 22
- Hodag varsity baseball hosts Lakeland in double header
- YMCA hosting Teen Character Banquet
- Hungry bears emerge as spring arrives
- YMCA Midnight Moonshine Run on July 6
- RHS Hodag softball team dominates in double header against Antigo
- Affordable Care Act informational program May 16