RHS Mock Trial team to defend title
Rhinelander High School will be defending its championship title Saturday, Feb. 9 at the 3-th annual Mock Trial Regional Tournament. Last year, RHS broke its own state record by winning its 26th consecutive regional title.
The tournament is sponsored by the Wisconsin Law Foundation and will be held in the Wood County Courthouse in Wisconsin Rapids. Four rounds of competition will be held, with trials scheduled for 8:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. The tournament is open to the public.
Other high schools participating in the regional tournament are Lakeland Union, Merrill, Phillips, Marshfield #1 and #2, Stratford #1 and #2, and Wisconsin Rapids Lincoln #1 and #2.
This year’s case involves a dispute between two high school seniors which results in attempted first degree intentional homicide. Students will play attorney and witness roles in the competition, which is judged by local attorneys and judges.
Members of RHS Team #1 are seniors Matt Anderson, Lauren Sexton, Elisha Sheffer, Melissa Sheth and Amber Toboyek, and juniors Amber Sheth and Lydia O’Brien.
Members of RHS Team #2 are sophomores Mike Anderson and Erin Tenderholt, and freshmen Faith Carris, Anna Catlin, Emily Ditzler, Jared Hoha and Bethany Stelbrink.
The teams are coached by Kathy Vick-Martini, attorney Jim Jacobi and Judge Michael Bloom.
- Upcoming DNR boating safety courses
- Oneida County ATV/UTV trail system & Enterprise Campground opening May 22
- Hodag varsity baseball hosts Lakeland in double header
- YMCA hosting Teen Character Banquet
- Hungry bears emerge as spring arrives
- YMCA Midnight Moonshine Run on July 6
- RHS Hodag softball team dominates in double header against Antigo
- Affordable Care Act informational program May 16
- It's National Police Week; vigil for fallen officers broadcast online tonight
- Animal of the Week: snapping turtle