The Rhinelander Swim Club hosted four area teams and 122 swimmers on Dec. 15 at the Rhinelander High School pool. With over 80 participants swimming that day, RSC did a great job representing their hometown. Numerous swimmers medaled in the event with many earning personal best records.
Brodie Kasmarek (13) took 26.85 seconds off her 500-yard Freestyle for a new time of 7:07.38. Haley Seefeldt (11) took an impressive 38.74 seconds from her 200 yard Freestyle for a new personal best of 2:44.70. Matilda Statezny (10) dropped 27.17 from her 100 yard Freestyle for a new time of 1:28.81. Mia Becker (13) took 13.05 seconds off her 100 yard Freestyle for a new time of 1:23.30; Annika Benoy (14) dropped 13.49 seconds from her 200 yard Freestyle for a time of 2:26.57; Madison Michel (5) took off 12.84 seconds from her 25 yard Backstroke for a time of 40.13 seconds; and Hannah Rumney (9) dropped 14.7 seconds from her 50 yard Backstroke for a new time of 1:07.16.
Several RSC swimmers finished in first place overall in their individual events including Jack Antonuk (8) in the 25yd Freestyle, 100yd IM and 25yd Backstroke; Annika Benoy (14) in the 200yd Breaststroke; Russell Benoy (11) in the 200yd Breaststroke, 100yd Backstroke and 100yd Breaststroke; Miranda Erdmann(11) in the 50yd Butterfly; Oliver Ferdinand (8) in the 25yd Breaststroke; James Heck (7) in the 25yd Butterfly and 50yd Freestyle; Maria Heck (8) in the 25yd Butterfly; Katyana Henry (15) in the 50yd Freestyle and 100yd Freestyle; Martin Hogar (11) in the 100yd Butterfly; Jackson Ledbetter (11) in the 50yd Butterfly; Marissa Martin (9) in the 50yd Backstroke; and Zachary Morgan (13) in 50yd Freestyle and 100yd Breaststroke.
- Rhinelander man killed in ATV crash
- YMCA Eagle River announces winner of weight loss competition
- Upcoming DNR boating safety courses
- Oneida County ATV/UTV trail system & Enterprise Campground opening May 22
- Hodag varsity baseball hosts Lakeland in double header
- YMCA hosting Teen Character Banquet
- Hungry bears emerge as spring arrives
- YMCA Midnight Moonshine Run on July 6
- RHS Hodag softball team dominates in double header against Antigo
- Affordable Care Act informational program May 16