Taste of the Future career exploration event
Local students will have the chance to meet with representatives of area businesses and explore career options at the second annual Taste of the Future orientation and career exploration event Monday, Jan. 7. Taste of the Future will be held at the Jim Miazga Community Gymnasium at Rhinelander High School. More than 30 businesses were present at last year’s event and about 300 people attended.
Among the evening’s activities this year will be dinner in the commons area beginning at 4:30 p.m., tours of Rhinelander High School and orientation for incoming freshmen, and a chance for students and their families to visit with representatives from local businesses in the gym. Taste of the Future will end at 7:30 p.m.
- Upcoming DNR boating safety courses
- Oneida County ATV/UTV trail system & Enterprise Campground opening May 22
- Hodag varsity baseball hosts Lakeland in double header
- YMCA hosting Teen Character Banquet
- Hungry bears emerge as spring arrives
- YMCA Midnight Moonshine Run on July 6
- RHS Hodag softball team dominates in double header against Antigo
- Affordable Care Act informational program May 16
- It's National Police Week; vigil for fallen officers broadcast online tonight
- Animal of the Week: snapping turtle