Update on fatal Rhinelander house fire
According to a news release from the Rhinelander Fire Department, Esther and Robert Fischer were the residents whose Maple Street home burned Wednesday.
Robert was in the home at the time of the fire and was unable to exit the residence. The front of the building where Robert was located was fully involved upon arrival of emergency crews.
Esther was able to exit and was transported to Saint Mary’s hospital. She was later transferred to University Hospital in Madison. Esther has since been released from the hospital.
The fire investigation is not fully complete; however, any suspicious activity has been ruled out.
- YMCA Eagle River announces winner of weight loss competition
- Upcoming DNR boating safety courses
- Oneida County ATV/UTV trail system & Enterprise Campground opening May 22
- Hodag varsity baseball hosts Lakeland in double header
- YMCA hosting Teen Character Banquet
- Hungry bears emerge as spring arrives
- YMCA Midnight Moonshine Run on July 6
- RHS Hodag softball team dominates in double header against Antigo
- Affordable Care Act informational program May 16
- It's National Police Week; vigil for fallen officers broadcast online tonight