Dr. Albert Cecchini, orthopedic surgeon and sports medicine specialist, has joined Marshfield Clinic Woodruff Center.
Dr. Cecchini's main focus is on sports-related injuries, particularly reconstructive surgery of the knee and shoulder. He also takes care of general orthopedic problems like fractures, overuse injuries and cartilage, muscle and ligament tears. Most of his patients are young athletes or older weekend warriors. Cecchini focuses his practice on advanced procedures that can restore function.
Repair techniques, Dr. Cecchini notes, even for ACL injuries, are all done arthroscopically now, which is less invasive. "We also have new options for attaching, grafting and implanting torn ligaments that make it easier for the body to heal," he said.
Fellowship-trained in sports medicine, Cecchini is also board certified in orthopedic surgery. He earned his medical degree at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine and completed his orthopedic surgery residency at Boston University Medical Center. His sports fellowship training was at Graduate/MCP Hahnemann University in Philadelphia, Penn.
Cecchini provides orthopedic and sports medicine services at Marshfield Clinic Wausau, Merrill, Weston and Woodruff centers. For more information or to make an appointment, call Marshfield Clinic Woodruff Center at (715) 358-0610 or (800) 347-0673.
- Northwoods School of Dance performance
- Business Closeup: Sportsman Cafe Custom Catering
- Minocqua Riders brat feed
- Young Professionals to host fundraiser for Wild Instincts
- Robinson named director of Milestone Senior Living
- Reduce waste and save money this holiday season
- Manitowish Waters Chamber is collection site for warm clothing
- Brown County Publishing purchases Star Journal
- Big Top Chautauqua at Campanile Center
- Karen Teter, AuD, achieves Academy Scholar status