The Star Journal has hired UW-Stout graduate and Rhinelander native Emma Nelson as a reporter/editorial assistant for the newspaper. With a degree in communications and an emphasis in applied journalism, Nelson’s efforts will be aimed at expanding local news coverage both online and in the print editions.
“It’s important to not only report the news, but involve the community in events and topics of discussion as well,” said Nelson. “I’m looking forward to developing a dialogue with our readers and working to introduce our publications to even more readers.”
“We’re delighted to have someone of Emma’s background joining our editorial team,” said publisher/general manager Pete Daniels, adding, “She’ll be writing and editing local news and stories for all of our publications, including the Star Journal, Hodag Buyers’ Guide, Northwoods Commerce, Living on the Lake, Wisconsin Journeys and Northwoods ‘boomers and Beyond.”
Editor Timi Eckes said, “It’ll be great to have another talented journalist on staff to help develop compelling, diverse content for our readers.”
Nelson may be reached by emailing email@example.com or by calling (715) 369-3331.
- NAMI offers hope to those struggling with mental illness
- The endless rewards of being a community volunteer
- Food: Jack Idlas knows his way around a kitchen
- Sharing delicious sauces is a dream come true for Enerson
- Digital Outdoors to install Rhinelander’s first digital billboard
- Food: Reflections on the meaning of Mother’s Day
- First Person: Pet supply drive at Menards
- Business Close Up: The Bait Shoppe in Rhinelander
- Training therapy dogs an unexpected career change
- The long winter has a big impact on the fishing opener