Libraries Rock! is the theme of the summer reading program at Rhinelander District Library. Every day patrons can walk into a library and checkout books, dvd’s, audiobooks, graphic novels and even chromebooks. But there’s a whole lot more going on at the Rhinelander District Library this summer.
The 2018 Young Adult and Adult Summer Reading Program runs from June 18 to July 28 and has several activities in which to participate.
• The Grand Prize drawing. For every person who participates in the SRP, the dollar amount for the Grand Prize (Chamber Bucks) goes up $1! Max prize is $100.
• Weekly drawings for prizes. Read a book, fill out a bookmark review, and have a chance to see if you win a prize or a free book.
• Library Scavenger Hunts. Find the correct book and receive a rock-themed treat.
• Taste test Tuesdays. Try recipes from famous rock stars.
• Playing with Rocks DIY Craft. Take a drawing or black and white print and transfer it to a piece of stone or travertine tile.
The library will also hold some special events. Start the Summer Reading Program on June 18 with a Twist and Shout Baking Contest. Take an old dessert recipe and add a unique twist. Bakers should preregister at the library and bring the dessert creation into the library June 18. Library patrons will vote for their favorites, and winners will receive Trig’s gift cards.
There will also a Craft Contest, based on the TV show, Chopped. Participants are assigned three materials to use in a craft, with the fourth item being a wild card choice. See details in the library.
If baking or crafts are not appealing, perhaps participating in Open Mic Night will bring a smile. Sign up in the library to sing or play an instrument on July 2 or July 23, from 6-8 p.m. All are invited to take part, or stop by to listen while having treats in the “Music Café.”
Stop by the Rhinelander District Library to find out more about the summer reading program events and checkout a great read while there. For more information, call 715-365-1070, the adult department.