All eight Rhinelander High School students, who competed in regional National History Day competition March 24 in Minocqua, have advanced to the state contest April 21 on the UW-Madison campus.
National History Day competitions take place in all 50 states with state winners advancing to national competition in June. All students follow the same guidelines and annual theme. The 2018 theme is “Conflict and Compromise.”
The state qualifiers from Rhinelander are:
- Jackson Hoffhein – Richard Nixon’s Involvement in Vietnam (Exhibit)
- Megan Hoffhein, Skylar Peitsch – Walleye Wars: Conflicts over Spearfishing (performance)
- Shyla Wickham – Prohibition (Documentary)
- Devon Gaber, Nick Schiek, Nick Kriesel – Lexington & Concord (Website)
- Zachary Thompson – What it takes to create a nation (Website)