STAR JOURNAL REPORT
The Rhinelander High School varsity girls volleyball team opened its season Tuesday afternoon when the Hodags won both matches during the invitational they hosted.
In the three-team varsity matches, for which each team was guaranteed three games per match, RHS swept Ashland, 25-16, 25-7, 25-20, and won the first two of the three games against Chequamegon, 25-18, 26-24, 22-25.
RHS’s statistical leaders included:
- Kills: Hope Wissbroecker, 18; Cami Buchmann, 8.
- Assists: Ally Seefeldt, 32.
- Service Aces: Wissbroecker, 7; Stephanie Kuester, 5.
- Digs: Stephanie Kuester, 33; Makayla Kuester, 24.
- Block Kills: Wissbroecker – 17
The 2-0 Hodags next play in a two-day tournament in Wisconsin Dells starting Friday.