The YMCA of the Northwoods is looking for teens who have demonstrated the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility, and have made an impact on someone’s life. Any adult is able to nominate teens who have demonstrated these qualities by filling out the nomination form and turning it in to the YMCA of the Northwoods on or before April 7, 2014. Nomination forms may be picked up at the YMCA. All nominations will be contacted regarding whether they will or will not be receiving an award.
To qualify for nominations, teens must meet the following criteria:
• Nominees must be between 12 and 18 years of age
• Enrolled in Junior/Senior high school during the current school year (including
• Reside in Oneida, Vilas, Forest or Northern Lincoln county
Only one nominee per application. Group or team applications will not be accepted.
Nominations that are clearly legible and well thought out have a better chance of being chosen. The application should include the following:
- Completed nomination form (including both the nominator and nominee information)
- One type-written or two hand-written pages (type-written is strongly preferred; if hand-written, please write legibly) answering the following questions:
- Why are you nominating this teen?
- How has the teen demonstrated character through at least one of the YMCA’s four core values of caring, honesty, responsibility and respect?
- Who has been positively affected or what positive impact within the community has happened as a result of the actions by this teen?
- Anyone 12 years of age and older may submit a nomination.
Honorees will be invited and encouraged to attend both an honoree orientation as well as a formal Teen Character Banquet/Gala to be held in their honor on Monday evening, May 19 in Rhinelander.