The heating season is long and heating equipment will be working hard to ensure the contentment of living in a warm, efficient and safe home this winter.
An inspection and tune up of a heating system by a qualified technician is recommended and can save customer’s money by ensuring the furnace is operating safely and efficiently.
Other heating tips include:
• Clean or replace your furnace filter as needed (follow manufacturer’s guidelines).
• Check the flame in the burner to make sure it’s blue. A yellow flame may indicate the need for adjustment.
• Check your chimney flues for corrosion and make sure all vents are clear of any blockages or debris.
• Keep the area around your furnaces, boilers and water heaters clear. Do not store flammable liquids or other combustibles nearby.
• Visit the WPS website www.wisconsinpublicservice.com for additional “Safety” and “Saving Energy” information
If customers are considering the purchas
e of new heating equipment or appliances, Wisconsin Public Service reminds customers to check with the dealer to see if there are energy efficiency rebates available.