REGULAR MEETING OF THE NEWBOLD PLAN COMMISSION
Thursday Oct. 4th , 2012 at 4:30P.M.
The Town of Newbold Plan Commission will hold the regular monthly meeting on Thursday, Oct. 4th, 2012, beginning at 4:30P.M. At the Newbold Town Hall.
The Agenda for this meeting is as follows:
(1) Call meeting to order
(2 Verification of publication
(3) Review and approve minutes of Sept. 6th, 2012
(4) Discussion possible action Chapter 8 – Town Road Ordinance.
(5) Discussion possible action future review Condominium Plat.
Administrative matters for review and discussion by commission members concerning general plan commission, town board, county board and county planning and zoning dept. activities, project updates and the following.
A. Chairpersons report
C. Next Meeting Date – Future Meeting Agenda Items
D. Public comment and communication period per Wisconsin Statutes, whereby the Plan Commission may receive any matter raised by the public.
Mike Sueflohn, Chairperson, Newbold Plan Commission
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. Please call Town Clerk Kim Gauthier at 715-362-1092 with specific information about your request allowing adequate time to respond to the request.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the majority of the Town Board may be present at this meeting to gather information about a subject over which it has decision making authority. This constitutes a meeting of the Town Board, pursuant to State ex rel. Badke v Greendale Village Bd., 173 Wis. 2d 553, 494
N.W. 2d 408 (1993), and must be noticed as such although the Newbold Town Board will take no formal action at these meetings.
Posted: Oct. 1st, 2012, By: Mike Sueflohn, Chairperson Newbold Plan Commission
Minutes of the Town of Newbold Town Board Finance and Regular Town Board Meeting
Held on Thursday, August 9, 2012
The Town of Newbold Town Board met on Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 6:00 p.m. in open session for the Town Board Finance meeting and at 6:30 p.m., in open session for the Town Board Regular Monthly Meeting, at the Town of Newbold Town Hall, Highway 47, North, Rhinelander, Wisconsin, 54501, Oneida County, Wisconsin. The following was discussed:
• Mike Sueflohn called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m. Chairman Kroll was absent and excused. The following were in attendance: Bob Metropulos, Scott Eshelman, Mike Sueflohn, Ben Loma, Supervisors; Kim Gauthier, Clerk and Jodie Hess, Treasurer.
• Approval and payment of bills, receipt of financial reports and fund adjustments.
A motion was made by Mr. Metropulos and seconded by Mr. Loma to approve the bills and disbursements, as presented. That motion carried on a vote of four ayes and zero nays.
A motion was made by Mr. Eshelman and seconded by Mr. Metropulos to approve the transfer of funds from the designated capital equipment fund to the transportation equipment operating supplies budget fund, as presented. That motion carried on a vote of four ayes and zero nays.
• A motion was made by Mr. Eshelman and seconded by Mr. Metropulos to adjourn the finance meeting at 6:20 p.m. That motion carried on a vote of four ayes and zero nays.
• 6:30 p.m. The Regular Town Board Meeting was called to order by Mr. Sueflohn, who also led the audience in the pledge of allegiance. Ms. Gauthier verified that the agenda was properly posted and an affidavit of such posting is on file in the Clerk’s office.
• A motion was made by Mr. Loma and seconded by Mr. Metropulos to approve the Regular Town Board Meeting Minutes of July 26, 2012, as presented. That motion carried on a vote of four ayes and zero nays.
• Informational presentation by Mr. Mike Fugle, candidate fro Oneida County District Attorney. Mr. Fugle was present and introduced himself.
• Discussion and action on Oneida County Zoning requests, Plan Commission and Citizen Zoning requests, if any.
a. Discussion and Action on Administrative Review Permit application of Jon and Greg Danner, owners, to operate a tourist rooming house (daily/weekly rental) on property at 3928 Highway 47 North legally described as Pt G.L. 7, Sec 36, T37N, R8E, Pin NE 402-5, Town of Newbold. Mr. Jon Danner was present and paid the required fee. Mr.
Sueflohn indicated the application was reviewed by the Plan Commission and meets the requirements of the town and county. A motion was made by Mr. Eshelman and seconded by Mr. Metropulos to approve the administrative review permit of Jon and Greg Danner, as presented. That motion carried on a vote of four ayes and zero nays.
• Rhinelander District Library Representative. Marcie Metropulos commented on the beginning stages of a building campaign fund. The library budget will be presented to Oneida County this week and to the towns by September.
PAGE 2 of 2 – Town of Newbold Minutes of August 9, 2012
• Discussion and action on letter from Mr. Rashke regarding consideration of paving the last one-third mile of Coon Lake Road. Mr. Fetzer was asked to give the town board background information on this topic. He noted this portion of the road is already being used as a turn around. He also noted the town must consider other high priority roads when budgeting for road construction. Mr. Rashke was present and indicated he is willing to deed the turnaround to the town if it would be paved. This agenda item was tabled until the next town board meeting.
• Discussion and action on replacement tires. Handout provided by Mr. Fetzer. A motion was made by Mr. Metropulos and seconded by Mr. Eshelman to approve the purchase of eight Bridgestone M711tires in the amount of $3688. That motion carried on a vote of four ayes and zero nays.
• Discussion and action on purchase of snow plow blades. Handout provided by Mr. Fetzer. A motion was made by Mr. Loma and seconded by Mr. Metropulos to approve ordering snow plow blades through the county bid process. That motion failed by two ayes and two nays.
Mr. Eshelman commented that he is against proceeding with this bid process without knowing the prices. This will be discussed again when the 2013 budget is discussed.
• Town Lakes Committee Report. Mr. Eshelman indicated he has nothing to report.
• County Supervisors Report. Mr. Rudolph was present and indicated the county board will discuss the comprehensive plan at the August meeting and the county budget process will begin in September.
• Discussion and action on picnic liquor license of the Newbold Volunteer Fire Department. Ms. Gauthier provided the town board with a copy of the license information. A motion was made by Mr. Metropulos and seconded by Mr. Loma to approve the picnic liquor license for the Newbold Volunteer Fire Department, as presented. That motion carried on a vote of four ayes and zero nays.
• Discussion and action on operator/bartender license of Haley R. Bambrough. Ms. Gauthier presented the license application information. A motion was made by Mr. Eshelman and seconded by Mr. Metropulos to approve the operator’s license of Haley Bambrough, as presented. That motion carried on a vote of four ayes and zero nays.
• Administrative review and action, if necessary, concerning general government, public safety, recycling, sanitation, culture, education, job assignments, project updates, transportation, budget items, fund transfers, and future agenda items.
The next town board meeting is August 30, 2012. Ms. Gauthier indicated the partisan primary election will be August 14, 2012 and the general election on November 6, 2012. Ms. Gauthier reminded the town board of the fall budget workshop to be held in Rhinelander in September and the Wisconsin Towns Convention to be held in October.
• Public Comment and Communication Period per Wisconsin Statutes whereby the Town Board can discuss any matter raised by the public.
• Adjournment at 7:45 p.m. A motion was made by Mr. Metropulos and seconded by Mr. Eshelman to adjourn. That motion carried on a vote of four ayes and zero nays.
Respectfully Submitted By:
Kim Gauthier, Town Clerk