Congratulations to the 2012 HMC Champions Robert Petrusky and Ryan Stewart from Pleasant Prairie. They were fishing on Lake George and caught two musky measuring 401/2 inches and 42 inches to win the title. The team took home over $4,800 in cash for their win.
The 31st annual Rhinelander Toyota Hodag Musky Challenge was held on Friday Sept. 7 through Sunday Sept. 9. Seventy-two teams registered for this annual musky fishing tournament. In all 16 musky were caught and registered through the two days of fishing. The largest musky of the tournament was caught by Kevin and Zach Mahlberg and measured 48 inches. The team caught the fish on the Moen Chain.
Here is a rundown of the full results:
• 1st – Robert Petrusky and Ryan Stewart, fishing Lake George, caught a 40 1/4 & 42 inch musky
• 2nd – Dave Hershey and Pat Burge, fishing Oneida Lake, caught a 40 3/4 and 40 1/2 inch musky
• 3rd – Kevin Mahlberg and Zach Mahlberg, fishing Moen Chain, caught a 48 inch musky
• 4th – Rodney Reader and Rick Coenen, fishing Oneida Lake, caught a 45 inch musky
• 5th Place (TIE) – Tyler Robish and Dmitry Burgan, fishing Crescent Lake, caught a 441/2 inch musky and Darrel Mack and Cory Mack, fishing Crescent Lake, caught a 441/2 inch musky
• 7th Place – Rich Anderson and Lee Bastian, fishing Boom Lake, caught a 43 inch musky
• 8th Place (TIE) – Ken Liebnitz and Rod Rodziczak, fishing Lake Julia, caught a 421/2 inch musky and Kevin Abendroth and Scott Abendroth, fishing on Oneida Lake, caught a 421/2 inch musky
• 10th Place – Brock Terzinski and Travis Unverzagt, fishing Oneida Lake, caught a 42 inch musky
• 11th Place – Jim Engman and Rick Ammons, fishing Oneida Lake, caught a 411/4 inch musky
• Largest Musky of Saturday – Rodney Reader and Rick Coenen, 45 inches caught on Oneida Lake
• Largest Musky of Sunday – Kevin Mahlberg and Zach Mahlberg, 48 inches caught on Moen Chain
• Largest Northern of the Tournament – Dan Brekke and Mick Miller, 323/4 inches caught on Lake George
The Hodag Musky Tournament would not be possible without our sponsors Rhinelander Toyota, Shoeder’s RV & Marine and Rollie and Helen’s Musky Shop. In addition, the Rhinelander Area Chamber of Commerce has a huge group of volunteers that work at registration stations and help with the rules and awards meeting. A huge thank you goes out to them. Finally, the chamber would like to thank each and every Rhinelander area business that donated to the raffle drawing as well. The support the Chamber receives from the community is much appreciated.
For more photos of ther Hodag Musky Challenge, see our StarJournalNOW.com photo gallery right here.