The 2012-13 LOC program welcomes:
– Peg Arnold, WXPR
– Kate Bauman, Rhinelander Area Chamber of Commerce
– Valerie Foley, City of Rhinelander
– Nancy Gehrig, Oneida County Fair
– Tony Gilman, City of Rhinelander
– Michelle Madl, Nicolet Area Technical College
– Jenny Mork, Superior Diesel
– Melissa Nieman, YMCA of the Northwoods
– Rose Prunty, Nicolet Area Technical College
– Sarah Thomaschefsky, School District of Rhinelander/YMCA of the Northwoods
– Carol Vaughan, Journal Community Publishing Group
Leadership Oneida County is a nine month program that cultivates and prepares leaders in Oneida County. Candidates will begin their leadership experience with a retreat at Treehaven Environmental Learning Center on Sept. 19. The program will begin meeting monthly in October, and candidates will graduate in May 2013 at Pinewood Country Club.
Upon graduation of the program, candidates will obtain an enhanced awareness of services and organizations within the county. The program also seeks to reinforce the individual’s call to civic responsibility and citizen involvement.
Leadership Oneida County will inform community leaders of local resources, and will foster relationships and self-awareness of candidates’ leadership potential. Program activities will include touring Oneida County businesses, meeting with community leaders and completing a community project.